Top 10 Legal Mistakes Home Sellers Make
1. Accepting the buyer with the highest offer without regard to the other contractual terms.
2. Not properly handling multiple offer situations with multiple buyers.
3. Not properly handling back-up offers.
4. Entering into an agreement with no earnest money deposit or too little from the buyer.
5. Entering into an agreement before verifying the buyer's financial ability to close escrow.
6. Not disclosing known material fact affecting the value or desirability of the property.
7. Not providing the buyer with legally required disclosures.
8. Not obtaining the buyer's written acknowledgment of disclosures.
9. Not considering whether to require the buyer to remove contingencies.
10. Not excluding items from sale that the seller wants to keep.